The Portuguese Sleep Association (APS) and the Center for Neurosciences and Cell Biology of the University of Coimbra (CNC-UC) will celebrate, during the month of March, World Sleep Day 2023, which will be celebrated on the 17th of March .
Activities and initiatives are planned to mark this date, under the theme “sleep is essential for health”.
- Campaign on social media, sharing posts about the importance of sleep for health.
- Special edition of Dr. Why, during the week of March 13 to 19, 2023, with the integration of questions about sleep, across the country.
- Premiere of the documentary "Apneia", about Sleep Apnea, produced by Marionet theater company in collaboration with APS and CNC-UC, at Casa de Cinema de Coimbra, on March 17, 2023, at 21:30.
- Launch of the game "SleepID", on March 18, at 6 pm, in the FNAC league at Forum Coimbra. The game “SleepID” was produced by CNC-UC in collaboration with APS. The game, recommended for ages 12 and up, allows four to six players simultaneously.
- Contest "Sleep is essential for health", aimed at all school years, which challenges students to write quatrains about the importance of sleep. Applications run between March 13th and April 30th and the regulation can be consulted here.
- Throughout the month of March, it will be possible to visit the drawing exhibition "Sleep with conscience", at the Centro Materno-Infantil do Norte - Centro Hospitalar Universitário de Santo António.
APS and CNC-UC join forces every year to carry out a campaign with various activities in order to raise awareness and raise public awareness about the importance of sleep and its impact on health.